My Wordy Blog: Desperately Seeking Shelly :: My Blog O'Deep Thoughts: A Change Will Do Me Good

Monday, October 1, 2007

you know it's bad when...

i have to remind myself how thankful i am. my life is happy and quiet and lovely but some of my dearest family members have been dealing with very difficult circumstances for a few weeks now and it hurts my heart. how i wish i could be with the ones i love all the time, but God has reasons for keeping us right where we are. i'm content for now to know that at least we are ALL in the palm of His hand.




i'm thankful for:

1. a wonderful day with amelie--what a joy!!
2. beautiful FALL weather!
3. i lived through buying groceries (going to wegman's certainly makes it more bearable!!)
4. maevey baby and her antics (even though most of those antics are taking place in the vicinity of my ribs--ouchey).
5. my peaceful, clean, comfortable, airconditioned apartment--never more then 2 blocks away from my husband!
6. my parents and their faithful marriage of ....(i'm horrible at math) 33 years and their growing ever-adventurous friendship now that they are unhampered by children at home =-)
7. working transportation
8. flip flops, stretchy waisted skirts and tank tops--comfy clothes are the best
9. my friends--who all add something different and wonderful to my life (and all of their fabulous kiddos who each add something different and wonderful to my amelie's life)
10. internet access
11. stevie-beans--i can't stress enough how thankful i am for my sweet husband.

i could go on and on and on...but i'll stop for now! by the way, the picture is of my little giraffe LAST september--oy vey, does time fly!

No comments: