My Wordy Blog: Desperately Seeking Shelly :: My Blog O'Deep Thoughts: A Change Will Do Me Good

Monday, October 15, 2007

hermitage: day 2

so, i wasn't quite a hermit today--the webers were having a grocery crisis so amelie and i had to head out to the store and stock up! but, i will still brand myself a semi-successful hermit b/c we didn't run into any acquaintances and avoided all eye contact with strangers so i only had to talk to amelie, which, is a joy b/c she doesn't seem to notice mama's huge belly.
as i've written before, we're transitioning amelie into her big girl bed and it's going a little rough--last night she jumped out a few times and i was soooo tired that i told steve to just put her in the crib (yes, i know she can jump out of that too--it just takes longer =-). amelie was SO offended that we put her in the crib--she ran out, opened the door and yelled, "i want my big girl bed!" and proceeded to get back into her bed and not get out again. it was pretty awesome. i'm so glad she loves her bed and now we have a trick to getting her to stay in it! (hopefully the trick doesn't wear off too soon!).
not much else is new here--we're supposed to meet friends at the park tomorrow but i can't help but hope we don't make it =-) time will tell...by the way, i love fall, cool weather and sunny days! i'm also making the best dinner ever tonight, maybe it will be our last supper before the big event! mmm...ribs, home made applesauce and bread, baked beans (my favorite brand from new york, thank you wegmans!), mashed potatoes and veggies....mmmm....

7 comments:

Sheri said...

I love Wegmans....they need Wegmans out here! Ahhhhh....When is your due date? Maybe she'll be one of the rare babies that actually come on the due date??? or maybe tonight:) wink wink!!!! I dread the toddler bed....we have some time. but it still scares me:) ha ha.....I should be taking notes from you:)

Shelly said...

wegmans is totally the best! and my due date is contended by my doctors--the ob says the 12th, the perinatologist says the 19th, so i figure i oughtta split the difference =-) also, i'm no big kid bed role model--it's horrible and i never would have switched amelie over if it weren't necessary for safety sake! (now i'm just worried about our sanity!)

Emily said...

I miss Wegmans too! Enjoy that dinner! You've inspired me, so I may be making a trip to the grocery store myself this afternoon- all the while missing my Wegmans, of course.

Sheri said...

Michelle, thats funny that the Drs. have 2 different days...Why do you have a perinatologist? If you don't mind sharing- (if you do just say so:)) I wondered what they would do with me the second time around considering the problems I had with Sammy....anyways, whatever the date is she is coming SOON!!!!

Shelly said...

sheri--i had a blood test that showed that i have two different like, "disorders" that make it difficult for me to stay pregnant once i become so--one is called a protein c deficiency (which apparently wasn't a huge deal) and the other is abbrev. MTHFR--they are both blood clotting disorders. so, the perinatologist monitored me at the beg. of the pregnancy to make sure that i wasn't having problems (i guess it can affect the blood supply to the baby) and Praise the Lord everything was fine!

Sheri said...

Thats interesting because I was tested for those because they can cause IUGR- what Sammy had....I ended up not having that or any other auto immune thing.... so no answers there....Did you take asprin?? Anyways looks like you made it to term:) Praise the LORD!

Shelly said...

no--i wasn't prescribed any treatment--they just kept an eye on me with frequent ultrasounds. it was VERY stressful and i'm glad it's over!