My Wordy Blog: Desperately Seeking Shelly :: My Blog O'Deep Thoughts: A Change Will Do Me Good

Thursday, October 11, 2007

beware: it could be a case of pregnancy mouth but....

seriously, i am sick and tired of people hinting or telling me, directly or indirectly that girls are somehow inferior, less enjoyable, more difficult/stressful, less rewarding to raise then boys.

are you kidding me?

the thing that irritates me most is that it is WOMEN who say or imply these things. where is one's sense of pride in being a woman? or being thankful for the gift of raising a future woman/mother?

i have nothing against boys, i think they are fab--my favorite person in the whole wide world, is in fact, a boy...

i think any woman who doesn't love women, girls etc. really just doesn't love themselves. also, i am beyond grateful and enormously thankful that i have the chance to raise any child at all--even if, poor me, they happen to be girls...

whew, i feel slightly better. ha!

by the way, also, amelie is the best ever--i'm glad she's a girl, i'm proud of her girly-ness and i want more then anything to instill in her the fact that she is valuable, that she is loved and that she is exactly who God created her to be.

7 comments:

Megan and Company said...

Our new little girl is fabulous! Our little guy is fabo, too!

Like I said before, there is something great about the bond of sisters!

charmed1 said...

I have one boy and 3 girls. If I were you I would have knocked those people out. You must have some control over your temper :) I love my girls to pieces (and my son of course) and I'm even crazy enough to want more! I would like a boy this time though to kind of even things out a bit. I am a bit obsessive/compulsive :)

SarahV said...

amen sister!!

Sheri said...

yeah- people have OPINOINS about everything don't they!!! ARG!!!:) With that said:) here is mine...ha ha....both girls and boys have their pros and cons- DUH!!! and in fact sometimes you can't really steriotype......someone might have a really "active" girl and another might have a really "talkative" boy....no 2 kids are alike right? I tell you....I don't understand why someone would say poor you though....people do teh same thing if you have more than 2 kids as well!! When really you are blessed:)

I love your attitude....you/we are blessed beyond measure to even been given the oppertunity to have a child....some people would give everything they own...and then some....

Shelly said...

thanks for the positive comments--it really is super upsetting to me that anyone might not appreciate how wonderful any child is! i am glad we share the opinion that all babies are wonderful and a gift!

Anonymous said...

I share the thoughts here. In my humble, yet inexperienced, opinion, it's the individual personalities that affect how easy it is to raise them. I love my little girl to pieces! Granted, she's only five months, but she is very laidback and mellow. (Gets it from her dad, I think!). On the other hand, my sister has a boy, and he is very much the drama king! Like you, I'm thrilled to raise a daughter who will hopefully be a mother herself one day! How special is that!

Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

I meant to add that I will be thrilled if God blesses us with a son! I never had any brothers, so I'm looking forward to (hopefully) having a baby boy one day!