My Wordy Blog: Desperately Seeking Shelly :: My Blog O'Deep Thoughts: A Change Will Do Me Good

Saturday, October 27, 2007

sleeping beauty and my stream of consciousness blog










* why doesn't my camera have a "newborn" setting for the flash? there are like 15 different settings and unfortunately they all blind maeve into shutting her eyes before i can get her picture! the best i could do is a "half eye open with my hand over the flash" pose...the other pose is the "i may be a newborn but i occasionally flash gang signs."

* maeve slept pretty well last night--waking up every hour between 9-1 but then switching to 2-3 hour intervals thereafter

* amelie is fighting her nap today--i call it the "daddy special." for some reason she thinks that having daddy home means party time!

* it's still raining...i'm happy for the rain and the cool air coming in my windows but i would really like to get out and take a walk tomorrow with my super cool double stroller...i'm praying for a few hours of sun!

* ok, i think i got amelie to sleep--i had to be the mean mommy and go in there and tell her that daddy was gone and unable to tuck her in! she was crying, "my daddy is goneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee." they are totally bonding now that i'm a full time member of newborn land--it's a good thing--i love to see how happy they make each other!

* steve will be home monday and tuesday morning--yay for family time! he hasn't had any time off except the day i came home and the cardiologist appt. so it will be nice to be together although he is still going into work to have choir/music team practice--such a dedicated teacher!

* ooo...the sun is shining

fin

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those weird finger things that newborns do. Every now and then, Isabelle still does something that resembles them. Thanks for your encouraging words on my blog...I miss my "Dolly Parton" days!

Sheri said...

she is a beauty....Did I mention I want one:) ha ha.....Glad steven gets s few off!