My Wordy Blog: Desperately Seeking Shelly :: My Blog O'Deep Thoughts: A Change Will Do Me Good

Friday, October 19, 2007

humidity, rain and clouds oh my!

um, will someone please tell the jet stream that it's october? october = low humidity, sun, cool weather.....right? it's hazy hot and humid again in jersey and i'm thanking the Good Lord for my sweet a.c.
my amelie girl woke up this morning with a hankering for grapes...which is strange b/c we haven't had any in literally, months...so there was no peace in the weber household until we went grocery shopping--she also ordered: oranges, apples and strawberries! i'm glad that kiddo likes food that is good for you b/c mama is just the opposite!
we also stopped by the library today to pick up some new dvds and books and i couldn't believe how well behaved amelie was! usually she talks REALLY loudly and runs around but today she helped me pick books and even check out. sometimes she's so grown up it fills my heart with joy so that it hurts! she's such a blessing and i am so thankful for every minute (well, almost every minute hehe..) we spend together.
steven also entertained us for almost a whole hour--it was wonderful! i'm so thankful that God allowed us to find a place so close to his work--what a blessing!
not much else is going on...i'm still hoping that something spontaneous will happen with miss maeve this weekend...her uncle jon's birthday is on monday so maybe she's waiting to share his day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never fear!! The cool weather is on its way! I'm the same as you-- hot, humid weather should cease and desist sometime in September. We had a round of thunderstorms last night, and today I had to shut most of the windows because it's kinda cold in here! I think the high is only the low 60's. Glorious!

Emily said...

That is great news- the end is in sight, yay!