My Wordy Blog: Desperately Seeking Shelly :: My Blog O'Deep Thoughts: A Change Will Do Me Good

Saturday, October 13, 2007

that's it! i've decided to become a hermit! a.k.a. no, i don't want to talk about it!

reasons i'm becoming a hermit:
1. i'm still pregnant
2. everyone i see states, "oh, you're still pregnant?"
3. duh
4. they also ask, "how do you feel?" or "why are you still pregnant?"
5. yes i know you're being nice but i'm strongly trying to suppress the urge to punch you in the face or say something really horrible.
6. answering these questions has caused emotional instability in me

i figure it's easier to become a hermit then to wear a "don't talk to or look at the pregnant lady" sign.

i'm not even gonna go to church. i'm done. also, everyone apparently at steven's school (which is in the same building as our church, making the world a bit too small) thinks i had the baby b/c he stayed home to help me friday since i was having blood pressure issues....

on a bright note, i found out today that my pre-pregnancy jeans still fit me.
on a darker note, i'm bummed about the $40 i spent on maternity jeans.

guess what? my little girl isn't so little anymore! she slept like an angel last night in her big girl bed (which i was hesitant to move her to). i finally gave in and let her sleep in it after she crib jumped for a solid hour last night. she even took a successful nap in it today! PRAISE THE LORD!

i want some cheesecake. and not just any cheesecake--chocolate-brownie-kahlua cheesecake from cheesecake factory. yummy.

the end.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I completely understand! I was three days late, so I'm sure I answered the question, "Oh, how much longer do you have?" about a hundred times, especially the Sunday before she was born, which was my actual due date!

Hang in there!

Megan and Company said...

Hang in there. In a blink you'll join me on the "other side" where you're so tired you can't remember your name and you don't care cause you're immersed in that yummy newborn smell.

Sheri said...

oh man...I can't wait to read- SHE IS HERE!!!!!

Shelly said...

and that is one bit o information i can't wait to write!!

charmed1 said...

2 of my kids were late. Dakotah by 9 days and Hadlei by 14. And it honestly didn't bother me. Why? Because I am one of those oddballs that LOVES being pregnant. I know you don't feel the same way Shelle so my heart goes out to you. I hope she comes soon!

Shelly said...

i DID love being pregnant, until about 1 month ago...=-)