My Wordy Blog: Desperately Seeking Shelly :: My Blog O'Deep Thoughts: A Change Will Do Me Good

Friday, October 26, 2007

the thoughts that i've been thinkin'

* my arms look like corpse arms with all of the bruises from the i.v. which had to be re-inserted three times at the hospital...along with where they took blood--it's not pretty.

* if i resemble anyone famous at the moment it's probably dolly parton...nuf said.

* what's the deal with precious newborns sleeping 3 or 4 hour stretches during the day and 1 hour "stretches" at night...i'm LOVING every second of it but am pretty sure this pattern is going to make me veryyyyyyyyy tired =-)
* amelie is a big girl. when did it happen? she's so lovely it makes my heart hurt. this picture is of her "cheese!" face. also included, a picture of the backpack that maeve gifted amelie when we arrived home =)

* maeve is looking more and more like baby amelie did. she is lovely--her rolly little eyes make me smile.

* my mom just left for ny. *sob...it's hard to hold your tears until after your crying mother leaves so that she doesn't feel she's leaving someone who doesn't want her to go. it's so hard to be apart from my family. i'm so thankful for everything i have in south jersey but i can't help but beg the Lord once in a while to let me go home.

* i love the rain and leaves and the fact that it's friday and fall.

2 comments:

Megan and Company said...

Aw, Michelle, hang in there. It'll be all over in a year or two!! ;)

I'm so with you on the long stretches of sleep during the day and the nights of 1 hour sleep- at best. Apparently Josh is digging the nighttime, too as we all we're up having a little party at 3am.

Sheri said...

I cried after my mom left...and she stayed for 10 days....will you get to move back at sometime? or is it unknown?

Its funny because I would love to live where you are:) (we are actually thinking of the Philly area when Jon is done with fellowship- that way we can be close to family- I have some extended family and friends in the area,( you being one fo them:) and Jon's sister lives there, there are great hospitals- which are a must both professionally and personally:) and our families aren't too far( meaning you don't have to fly)....and they could easily be persuaded to move in 3-4 years:) he he)

Anyways, I hope you have a little more help, or that Mom can come again very soon....if we lived there now....I would bring you some dinner....Ahhh, I wish we lived closer:)

Big hugs:)