My Wordy Blog: Desperately Seeking Shelly :: My Blog O'Deep Thoughts: A Change Will Do Me Good

Sunday, December 30, 2007

to my sweet princess amelie on turning 3!

My Dearest Amelie,

I can't believe you've been my girl for 3 years! Where did the time go? I hope you grow up knowing how much your mama loves you. It wasn't until you came into my life that I really started to understand the love of God. Before you I could never have imagined how much love I would have for my own child and how completely my outlook on life would change the instant you were born. Even though you are a big girl now I still have a hard time parting with you for more than a few hours--how much must God love us to have parted with His Son for years and then to sacrifice Him for us?

We have shared so many sweet moments that I will always treasure and watching you become such a kind and caring big sister are memories that will stay with me forever. I am so thankful for your gentle spirit and your loving heart. I am thankful that you are healthy and smart and beautiful and especially that God saw fit to let me raise you. I am honored to be your mother!

I pray that in this next year you will grow to love the Lord and develop a personal relationship with Him. I pray that I will be a good mother to you and that God will use your father and me to train you up in the way you should go.

My heart is full of love for you!
Your Loving Mama

Becoming a Princess Step 1

Step 2

Step 3

The Girls

2 comments:

Sheri said...

HAPPY THIRD BIRTHDAY!

WOO HOO!

Anonymous said...

Happy Third Birthday, Amelie!

What a touching tribute, Michelle.

Welcome to the We Have A Three Year Old In The House Club (we just joined 2 weeks ago ourselves).