My Wordy Blog: Desperately Seeking Shelly :: My Blog O'Deep Thoughts: A Change Will Do Me Good

Thursday, December 20, 2007

to my lovely little one on turning 2 months old

sweet baby maeve-
i can't believe you have already been with our family for two months--they have flown by! i can't get enough of you and have spent these days and nights trying to memorize your face, your sweet newborn smell and the weight of you asleep on my shoulder. these months have been the absolute happiest of my life--i am blessed beyond words to be a mama to two sweet girls.

there was a time when i wasn't sure the Lord would bless me with a new little one. you see, for as much as i've been blessed this year i was tried and tested the year before. there are two little weber babies that you won't get to meet until we all get to heaven--two sweet babes that my arms ached to hold and my eyes ache to see. there is some good news in this--my two little heaven-living little ones never had to settle for this sinful world--they were taken straight away into the Father's loving arms. i am so happy that they will never be sad or hurt or sullied by the things of this world but i can't help but wish i had been able to meet them, BUT by His grace i will one day! what a blessing to have hope in the Lord--He is a restorer of all good things and one day in Heaven our family will be whole.

there are times i look at you and wish that you could stay my baby forever. i never want our night rocking-hymn singing-soft cooing times to end. yes, you will grow up no matter how hard mama tries to keep you small and i will be proud of all you learn, and do and of who you become--i honestly can't wait to see it!

maeve--i pray many things for you but especially that you will grow to love the Lord and live for Him. He has given us so many good things. the best gift He gave us was the chance to live with Him in glory--God sacrificed His own Child to save many children here on earth and i pray everyday that you will except His gift of salvation and grow to walk with Him.

i love you sweet girl! i cherish every precious moment that the Lord has given us together.

all my love, forever and always,
mama

4 comments:

Sheri said...

few- that was a tear jerker..... What lucky ladies you have!

I am soooo sorry you didn't get to hold or meet the other two blessings.....But what a beautifully written letter!

Anonymous said...

beautifully said, michelle. my heart echoes your words...

charmed1 said...

I am so sorry to hear about your babies. That has got to be the hardest thing in the world. I'm sure they're watching over you and your family. You have got two lucky little girls to have you for their mom. :)

SarahV said...

i'm crying. i love you :)