My Wordy Blog: Desperately Seeking Shelly :: My Blog O'Deep Thoughts: A Change Will Do Me Good

Saturday, November 3, 2007

maeve's hit a growth spurt, i've hit the "wall" and i think amelie is a vampire

last night was a longggggggggggg night. i think maeve has hit some two week growth spurt and decided mama was an all night buffet. so tired.......those days of postpartum euphoria/adrenaline have worn off so now i'm just plain tired. amelie went to bed well last night (miracle!) but woke up at 4 so since i was on maeve duty-daddy was on amelie duty (he totally hit the jack pot on that one since she SLEEPS! usually...).

the children have officially taken over every second of our lives and i'm about ready to mutiny. ha!

it's funny how much changes in such a relatively short amount of time. yesterday at the birthday party we attended i couldn't help but think back to just 3 short years ago when all of us were child-less and working and had free time and slept in on saturdays...3 years later we all have 2 kids and are tired and older...

anyways, having a family is a good thing--just a tiring thing.

two items of note:
* maeve's nasty belly button thingy fell off and left a disgusting mass underneath that scared us so we called the doctor and asked what was considered worrisome. it seems as though we shouldn't be concerned but i don't foresee bikinis in maeve's future.

* amelie has tourettes (sp?) or something. she thinks it's hilarious now to scream out "POOP!" at the top of her lungs. screaming poop doesn't mean she has pooped or will poop...she just likes saying the word...

7 comments:

Sheri said...

Oh my...I don't have more than 1 yet, so I can't truely sympathize.....but I do remember the euphoria wearing off around 2 weeks.....hang in there....glad she is eating!! Man, it must be hard, but honestly I have no idea what its like to have an infant that wants to eat....I guess its not easy either way:)

It is funny how much changes in 3 years- thats for sure!!

Good times!

SarahV said...

amelie looks like she took that picture. sooooo a myspace shot :) ha!

Megan and Company said...

We're living parallel lives.

Shelly said...

sheri--i am thankful that maeve likes to eat even though she is sucking the life out of me. i think of you and sammy often and the struggles you've had--but he's come so far! you are an amazing mama with an amazing boy!

Anonymous said...

OK...SO FUNNY!!! I hope you aren't too bleary eyed with no sleep! Will it help to tell you that I have a present for little Maeve! It is SO cute too! As soon as I saw it I had to buy two! one for Maeve and one for Leah! When are you coming to church so I can give it to you? Maybe I will give it to Janet or something.

Shelly said...

i am not sure when i'll be in church again but steven and amelie are going back tomorrow =-)

Sheri said...

Michelle...Glad you still have your sense of humor!!! Sucking the life out of you:) AWWWWW...She is supper cute though.....!!!