My Wordy Blog: Desperately Seeking Shelly :: My Blog O'Deep Thoughts: A Change Will Do Me Good

Thursday, November 8, 2007

a dime a dozen

12 things
1* after a rash of horrible haircuts/hair experiences that involved a salon and too much money i decided to cut and color my own hair last night. how did i do? i don't see styling in my future, ha!

2* maeve slept well last night in her new bed--we got one of those little co sleeper beds because the pack and play just doesn't seem close enough for those 3 am wake up calls (not to mention the wake up calls at 11, 12, 1, 2 and so on...) the irony of this is that she slept so well in it--3 hour stretches at a turn that i didn't even need to be close for wake up calls--best $40 ever spent.

3* amelie loved this little bed and tried to "sleep" in it last night. she kept saying, "baby sister's bed is cute mommy!" and then she folded herself inside of it and screamed again and again, "i'm too big! i'm too big!" it was pretty cute so we let her pretend to sleep in it for a little while before bed.

4* oh crap, maeve just barfed on me...

5* ok, maeve is asleep now b2b (back to blogging..)

6* oops, that's amelie's door opening...


7* here is a smushy face picture of me and maeve since i haven't taken any yet. btw, it's super hard to take a smushy face picture with a newborn....yikes

8* ok, i guess maeve wasn't really asleep

9* i'm going to TRY to do some scrapbooking with a good friend from my working days (it's a wonder i can even remember being a productive professional!). we'll see how scrapbooking with 2 children goes =-)

10* i know what you're thinking, YES i can blog and breastfeed at the same time, i am just that talented...ha!

11* my cell phone had a run in with a sippy cup yesterday and is now completely stone cold dead and i am disconnected from the world (and by world i mean the only 2 people who call me--my mother and husband).

12* i think my sarah and her family are going to visit me today (yay!)...i wish i could tell them that my cell is broken but since every number i need is programmed into my cell phone and written nowhere therefore, i'm going to have to learn to do one of the following:
a. smoke signals
b. telegraph machine
c. telegram
d. skywrite


bonus blog tidbit
**13 bumbo seats have been recalled--this really just involves getting a new label because the seats shouldn't be used on an elevated surface....well duh!

8 comments:

Coach Prentice said...

So, that is what happens when a mom is left home alone for hours with two babies, huh? They start to color and cut their own hair? WOW...you did a great job! You could start a home biz!

Sheri said...

Looks great to me!! Want to do mine?:)

Megan and Company said...

Holy cow, Michelle! Your hair looks gorgeous and I'm jealous.

Oh, and #14- Per my friend the car-seat tech, Bumbos are not meant to be used as carseat. Yep, she's seen it! :0

And, you are a pro, I can surf while nursing- but haven't mastered actively blogging. ;) Bravo!

Anonymous said...

I sometimes read your blog...I've washed my husband's cell phone by accident...use a blow dryer to dry it out...it takes time, but his phone was okay after it dried out.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the way you write! Hah. You're funny:) I can so relate Maisie is asleep, no she's not, she's asleep, no she's not...breastfeeding while blogging...wakeup calls every hour. It's so much easier to just roll over to your baby in the night rather than get out of bed and heave them out of another bed. Glad Maeve's new bed is working!

Brie Latini said...

I think the scrapbooking went just fine! It was SOOOOOO good to see you and it was way too long! I hope we can work on that! And you have an absolutely beautiful family- I can't wait to start working on mine! :-) I hope we can have some playdates soon!

Anonymous said...

Love your hair...aren't you brave for cutting it yourself!!

I had the same response to the Bumbo seats being recalled...duh...

Anonymous said...

Seriously? You look SMOKIN'! LOL! No, really!!! Nice job! How much do you charge?