My Wordy Blog: Desperately Seeking Shelly :: My Blog O'Deep Thoughts: A Change Will Do Me Good

Thursday, August 2, 2007

is it really august?

i can't believe how quickly the summer weeks fly by--makes me a little happy not to be a teacher--but also a little sad not to be (i <3 teaching!). in unrelated news, i got the most beautiful card in the mail--some people are so creative and thoughtful (ahem, janet!! thank you!!!)!


amelie and i had a lot of fun yesterday--she was being so funny! she came over to me and said, "come here mommy!" so i followed her and she said, "look!" and she opened up the doors to her refrigerator and microwave and announced, "it's my zoo!" she had filled the every crevice with her little people animals--the fridge was full of horses, zebras and the like and the microwave was full of lions/tigers. man, it was cute. here are some pictures to prove it!!

last night we went out to get ice cream (which was fab) and for the first time really, i felt very tired, angry, hot and pregnant. it wasn't pleasant and i've decided i'm going to stay indoors in the dark like a vampire until it's 70 out again, ha! it's a good thing i've got plenty of packing to keep me busy! here's my vampire face! i'm glad it's thursday, i strong-armed steven into taking friday off for some family bonding time--woo hoo!!

3 comments:

charmed1 said...

Kids do the darndest things. Hadlei shoves all sorts of interesting toys into her Dora kitchen :) Sorry you're not feeling too hot. It will get better :)

Anonymous said...

Oh. My. Word. I've been published! Hee hee! I highly recommend icecream for all pregnancy related woes. Hang in there! Janet

SarahV said...

you're a pretty vampire :)