My Wordy Blog: Desperately Seeking Shelly :: My Blog O'Deep Thoughts: A Change Will Do Me Good

Friday, August 10, 2007

it's official! a.k.a. please pass the pepto bismol

so, it's officially unofficial--we once again have our apartment! yay! of course, my life seems as though it is full of tangled webs here is the new laundry list:
1. we can't move until sept 15
2. our lease ends the 31st of aug.
so we can:
a. sign a one month lease for a much inflated rate and stay in our current apartment AND pay for rent in the new apartment for the same month
b. live with my very generous in laws for 2 weeks thereby saving TONS of money BUT having to technically move TWICE!
3. i know i haven't mentioned it in a while, ha, but by sept 15 i'll be 9 months preg. and officially will have reached blob-like status.
4. crazy lady has to ACTUALLY move out this time like she said she would...
5. all while keeping in mind that i technically didn't get to see any of my 9th month of pregnancy with amelie (pictured here, "coloring crayons" as she says)!


God is good. i am thankful but extremely stressed about the options that face us at the moment--saving money would be good but so would moving only once! we'll see what my darling husband decides (with no influence from me of course, HAHAHAHA).

in unrelated news i'm becoming more and more convinced that the 2% chance that the dr's said i might be having a boy will come to fruition and i'll have a gender confused boy wearing pink clothes for his whole life b/c i've invested so heavily in them =-) time will tell!

these are the kinds of things i worry about during my nightly 3:30-4:30 can't sleep, keep going to the bathroom, thinking about things i can't control, tossing and turning sessions...

3 comments:

Emily said...

I have those too, except I don't have nearly as many things to worry about. So you've made ME feel better if that is of any comfort whatsoever.
I'll be praying that everything works out smoothly...

charmed1 said...

Put your stuff in storage and move in w/ the in-laws for 2 weeks. Save the $$$$$!!! And getting up at those odd hours and thinking about things to worry about happens when you're not pregnant,too. I do it all the time :)

Sheri said...

Ahhhhhhh, I tell you thats a hard call....I agree with Jess- it happens to me too- I....I guess my call would be to save the money, but that depends on several things:
#1. how well do you get along with your inlaws (because as we have already noted you will either be 9 momnths pregnant OR have a newborn and a 2 1/2year old and Lord knows you won't need any other stress, even if it is well intended)
#2 how much will it cost to move, because even if you move 2 times, if you are doing it yourself (ie with friends instead of movers) you may actually not be worth the little bit you would save- ( course I know for us EVERY LITTLE BIT COUNTS!)You might want to see if your landloard would let you pay for 1/2 of a month- most likely not- but you could try?
#3Just how bad is your maternal nesting instinct...the urge to be in your own place, even if it is in boxes and cost more might be strong enough to answer your question...

I DON"T ENVY YOU- I would have a hard time either way.....

love and prayers!