My Wordy Blog: Desperately Seeking Shelly :: My Blog O'Deep Thoughts: A Change Will Do Me Good

Friday, July 20, 2007

what a good girl am i

Last night was Uncle Ryan's wedding rehearsal which went well, although it took us an hour to get there, started an hour late and got mostly rained out (it's an outdoor wedding)... Praise the Lord for my even tempered baby girl who was a joy and just plain fun to have around while we were waiting--she's better at waiting sometimes then her mama! We had a very nice dinner with the bridal party and assorted relatives at Coconut Bay--an Asian Rest.--they had some awesome chicken but I was scared to touch anything else due to the "mustn't eat raw fish during pregnancy" thing and also the "I hate eating anything that lives in water b/c they stink and taste gross" thing. We also found out that Amelie really loves wonton soup--seriously though, does anyone know what the stuff inside the wonton is? A disturbing turn of events came when I opened my fortune cookie and it was sans fortune, weird...

On another note, this is me lately:


We're looking at another apartment in HH tonight! I'm praying for closed doors (literally) if it isn't the Lord's will....I'll keep ya'll posted!

3 comments:

charmed1 said...

I know what you mean about the food. I personally won't go near any of it. Cooked cat and dog is not my thing :)

Sheri said...

Enjoy the wedding today- is your brother or your husbands?

You would have had a hard time in Taiwan!:) I have gotten used to some things....fortunately Jons family doesn't eat as much of the "strange stuff" when they are here....

Shelly said...

it is my brother in law's wedding--hopefully it's not to buggy as it is next to a swamp and a forest (a very pretty swamp and forest though!!). and i've just never been a seafood/fish person--but everyone else seemed to love the food very much and i'm sure that stuff isn't strange at all to your husband's family--i can't help it, i grew up on hamburgers and pizza =-)