My Wordy Blog: Desperately Seeking Shelly :: My Blog O'Deep Thoughts: A Change Will Do Me Good

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

tuesday tell all


amelie last july at my brother's wedding
amelie this july at my brother in law's wedding











things that make me happy today/everyday in no particular order:
1. my hottie husband
2. my amelie and especially her "still-looks-like-a-baby-when-she's-sleeping-face"
3. how people on ebay will give me $20 for something i paid $2 for...
4. how people on ebay accept $2 for something i would pay $20 for...
5. my sarah(s) of the west and east
6. no debt (for a whole year, woo hoo!)
7. God's provision, perfection and patience
8. m.v.w. and her all-night raves
9. amelie and steven's dance parties
10. my husband's good sense to take amelie out to play for over an hour each night--and that he goes down the slide with her a million times and tells me all about it like he gets just as excited as she does.

girls names i liked then: boys names i liked then:
1. isabella 1. aidan
2. amelie 2. ewan

girls names i like now: boys names i like now:
1. marguerite 1. deacon
2. aurelia 2. elijah
3. maeve 3. jacob

so today is the big day we find out whether or not we are moving! at this point i will be happy either way--although i think our gas budget would be MUCH happier if we lived in heights! so we'll see and i'll keep you posted...

m.v.w. and i are cooking along--here is her update for the week!
Week 28
Your Baby's Development

This week marks an important milestone for Baby's brain development. Until now, the surface of your baby's developing brain was smooth. During this week, Baby's brain begins to form its characteristic grooves and indentations, allowing the brain’s surface to expand while it develops within Baby's tiny skull.

At about two pounds four ounces and 13.8 inches from head to toe, your baby has certainly come a long way!

Other important developmental advances continue as well:

Baby will continue to add layers of fat under her skin, and will get plumper with each passing day.
Hair on Baby's head will continue to grow.
A boy's testes are usually completely descended into the scrotum by this point.
A girl's labia are still small and won't yet cover the clitoris. The labia will grow closer together in the last few weeks of pregnancy.
Baby's lungs are now capable of breathing air.

2 comments:

Emily said...

This post was great! It made me smile the whole way through. I suggested Aurelia to Jason and he wrinkled up his nose... *sigh* Good luck with the to move or not to move.

Sheri said...

Neat- I love what you wrote....thanks for sharing the names too!! good thing God knows where he wants us to live right? I hope you are happy either way:)