My Wordy Blog: Desperately Seeking Shelly :: My Blog O'Deep Thoughts: A Change Will Do Me Good

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

donut delivery service

for the past week or so amelie has been getting up and playing immediately with her kitchen. she loves to plate up all the food pieces we have and then serve them to gigi (the dog) or dump them out or store them in odd places.... well, today i decided to unload the dishwasher as she was playing and after about 10 minutes she brought out two plates, each one with a dodo (donut)--one for me and for her! i love her and it makes me proud and smiley that she thinks of me--even if it is just a fake donut =-)

this morning she also helped me in the kitchen by starting the dishwasher and getting out the broom and sweeping up the little dog food pieces gigi had knocked out of his bowl! amelie's name actually means, industrious/hard-working, which i think is one of the most important things you can instill in your child--a work ethic (after of course a love for JESUS!)--it just makes me feel a little bit better about the day when i see she's learning and helpful and sweet. i can't say it enough--i love that kid!

here's a picture of our "breakfast!"

1 comment:

charmed1 said...

Looks yummy! Hadlei tries to help me clean the house. I appreciate it even though I have to follow her and clean up after her :)