My Wordy Blog: Desperately Seeking Shelly :: My Blog O'Deep Thoughts: A Change Will Do Me Good

Friday, July 25, 2008

Whisper Whisper It's A Win-Win

Wanna hear a secret?
A hasn't taken a nap this entire week.
Not once.
And she devised her own plan so as not to get into trouble--she stays in her room (either playing quietly or rearranging her shoes) and listens for M to wake up from her nap. If she isn't sure whether or not M is still asleep she'll peek out the door and then shut it fast every 15 minutes or so. As soon as M gets up or starts crying A comes out of her room and announces,
"I had areally good nap!"
It's actually been working out ok b/c A has no problem just playing in her room, I still get alone (cleaning, reading, napping) time and A goes to bed at 7 b/c she's exhausted by the end of the night. It's a win-win situation folks!

3 comments:

Ree said...

Shea has been playing in her room a lot lately, also. I can tell because she is VERY quiet. However, once in a while I open her door to find her in her bed sound asleep. Seems she takes it upon herself to take a nap!!
Works for me!!

Emily said...

Look at how smart she is!

Amy said...

What a smart girl that A. is!!!