My Wordy Blog: Desperately Seeking Shelly :: My Blog O'Deep Thoughts: A Change Will Do Me Good

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

It's always a little bit of a mystery....

I"m sure that if you've done it before, you know that taking your kids to get their picture taken is a total crap shoot.
Sometimes--genius!
Other times...um, not so much.
There are so many variables--are they awake but not hyper?
Not too close to nap but also just far enough away from waking up?
Hungry?
Grumpy?
Etc..
A was in the studio to get pictures of her dance ensemble and it took a good 5 minutes of "posing" and cajoling by the photographer for us to get anything besides arms crossed and scowling! I was a little nervous--especially when the photographer put her in this position:
Yikes!
Luckily after a few rounds and A and the photographer were warmed up we got some really cute ones...
Which is a good thing since it took an hour and a half just to be seen for our "appointment"
Seriously, don't even get me started--but why bother to make appts. if they're not going to take your picture anytime near yours?
Just sayin' is all!
I like this over-the-shoulder-come-dance-with-me pose =)
Cheese!

And my favorite of all, sleeping cherub ballerina.
I love it when the cuteness comes out!

3 comments:

Ree said...

Great pics!! I know exactly what you mean about the TIMING!!

Emily said...

Yay for a good photo shoot!

Anonymous said...

These are so cute! Can I maybe get a copy of one? I love decorating my house with pictures of family.