My Wordy Blog: Desperately Seeking Shelly :: My Blog O'Deep Thoughts: A Change Will Do Me Good

Monday, June 18, 2007

there's no place like home...except of course for home..



so we just got back from a whirlwind visit to new york! i love being home and in the country....ah...the fresh air, zero traffic, trees and blue sky and the happiness it brings me! i always feel a little more like myself when i'm in ny, it's a good thing!
amelie had a lot of fun playing on granny and grandpa's swing and generally just running around the great outdoors. it was nice also to be home to celebrate father's day with my family and to see my brothers and their wife/fiancee. i'm sad that it was such a short trip but hopefully we'll get to go out again before little miss m.v.w. makes her appearance!
amelie did awesome in the car for 6 hours each way--only a few times did she ask if she could, "get out" and when i told her no she just said over and over, "oh no! oh no! oh no!" believe me amelie, i felt the same way and am glad to be in our little home...even if it is in new jersey...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh...I have to say...I feel the same way about Jersey. I grew up in Pennsylvania, and I still can't believe I am living here. Sometimes I just shake my head and question, "why?" I don't think anyone understands that unless you are not from Jersey!