My Wordy Blog: Desperately Seeking Shelly :: My Blog O'Deep Thoughts: A Change Will Do Me Good

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

#2 standing up!??!


I'm so glad that Steve is home for the week! What a blessing!!!! There is nothing better then being together as a family! We got groceries, went shopping for Amelie and m.v.w. clothes (http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/category.do?cid=35566&pageID=-1) and out to lunch at chick fil a! Now we are going to go try out Mario Party 7 for Game cube! woo hoo!!! Here is what m.v.w. is up to this week! Also, I will explain my title at the end in story form.......Oh yeah, and apparently Amelie was blinking in our family picture shot!! and yes, i know, i totally overuse exclamation points and under use capitol letters..silly english teacher!



Week 23
Your Baby's Development


By week 23, your baby is taking on the shape of a full-term baby — but her bones and organs are still visible beneath a thin layer of translucent skin.

Although your baby continues to add fat to her body, she still looks wrinkly. This happens because Baby's skin develops more quickly than fat accumulates. However, she continues to grow, and by the end of the week will measure about eight to nine inches long.

Here are other developments this week:

She'll begin moving around more than ever, stretching and flexing the muscles in her arms and legs, fingers and toes.
Skin pigment is being deposited this week to create your baby's skin tone.
Your Development

As your uterus gets larger, it rests on top of the bladder, increasing your need to urinate frequently. At the same time, the growing uterus may trigger more back pain, pelvic pressure, leg cramps and headaches as you approach the end of your second trimester.


So I highlighted the "needs to urinate frequently" sentence b/c that is definately the battle I am facing at the moment! We went to chick fil a and I RAN to the bathroom only to find once I got there--a mom on the toilet obviously doing #2 (with sound and smell effects) and her son in the other stall--screaming to her--"I'm going #2 but I can't get my coat off!!" The mom replied, "You're going #2?!?!?! But you are standing up!!!!"
That's when I just walked away and decided for once I would grit my teeth and hold it.

2 comments:

charmed1 said...

Leave it to the kids to come out with faces like that for a family pic! She is so cute!!!!

Anonymous said...

ew, ew ,ew ewwwww!!!! if judah does that, i may just have to walk away too!