My Wordy Blog: Desperately Seeking Shelly :: My Blog O'Deep Thoughts: A Change Will Do Me Good

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

december 30? but i wasn't expecting you until january 22!!


so, i started shopping for baby stuff the other day and it made me REALLY happy! we are all done with the exception of the few things family has asked to buy for us--now i just need to wait around 4 more months =-) i have vowed to be prepared early this time as amelie came a month early and totally threw us for a loop! i'll never forget buying the crib mattress on the way to the hospital, so i vow--never again! this time the baby will have a nursery to come home too and i will actually be able to put it together! poor steve was so frazzled from all of the shopping he had to do while i was in the hospital with amelie that he actually ended up throwing away the new sheets we had bought her and my breast pump, which was very sad! live and learn, right?! here's what M.V.W. is up to this week!




Week 21
Your Baby's Development

What does a baby dream about as she drifts lazily in the womb? We may never know, but beginning with this week a baby's sleep begins to settle into identifiable patterns. You might be able to tell when Baby is sleeping if you notice that her movements slow down dramatically at certain times of the day.

Some experts believe that your eating and sleeping habits, along with how much light and noise there is in your environment, all combine to help Baby synchronize her internal clock.

Here are some other developmental highlights that occur this week:

At this point, Baby's brain will be growing very quickly, especially the structure deep in the center of the brain responsible for producing brain cells. This structure will disappear shortly before birth.
During this week, Baby's general growth pattern will slow down. However, different organs will continue to mature, Baby's heart will get stronger and her legs will reach the correct proportions.

3 comments:

Sheri said...

AHHHHHHHH don't I know!!! I was supposed to go pick up a bassinet to borrow the day my water broke...never ended up getting it....my mom just went out and bought one b/c I was freeking out that we were coming home with a 4lb6 oz baby and no bassinet:) I told jon he can't go anywhere after 36 weeks with the next one:) you watch I will go right to 40 weeks though:) Yeah for getting ready!!!!!

Shelly said...

i told steve the same thing--that he can't go away at all! but i'm sure this time i'll be like 41 weeks pregnant wondering when it will ever end =-)

charmed1 said...

These babies come when they want. My first three were 1 week,9 days and 3 days early. Hadlei procrastinated and stayed in for 2 extra weeks!! You just never know. I guess I'm the odd one out of the bunch because I always had everything ready way before I needed to. That's what happens when you're obsessive/compulsive :)