My Wordy Blog: Desperately Seeking Shelly :: My Blog O'Deep Thoughts: A Change Will Do Me Good

Saturday, June 2, 2007

shore ya'll





the weber family had a wonderful mini vacation at cape may/ocean city! we never get away and it was really fun--and with absolutely no traffic and hardly any people around and perfect weather we couldn't have asked for a better time to visit the shore. amelie loved the ocean at first until she was convinced that the waves were gonna "get" her....the water was very cold and refreshing! amelie also loved the boardwalk and shopping at all of the little stores and we even got to check out the cape may zoo where we saw a snake and a turtle who weren't in their cages (they're much cuter behind 3 inches of glass!!!). i'm so thankful we could get away and play for a few minutes--it was a wonderful way to kick off the summer! we're planning on going again before little M.V.W. makes her appearance!!

3 comments:

Megan and Company said...

Sounds wonderful and I'm a bit jealous! I'm looking forward to squeezing in some trips this summer, too.

Shelly said...

ha! don't be jealous i left out three things:
1. took us 2.5 hours to get there as we followed the directions from the zoo website and we should have just taken 42 (an hour to get home, thank you)
2. amelie screamed for 45 minutes before she fell asleep in her pack n play....DADDY! MOMMY! I"M STUCK!
3. i had a beautiul freshly made fried dough, took one bite, 10 seagulls promptly landed on my head, my plate and surrounded me and stole my whole $4 dough...may i add this is the second time this has happened to me...
we DID still have a wonderful time though! =-)

Sheri said...

I love mini vacations!!! Just what the Dr ordered!!!