My Wordy Blog: Desperately Seeking Shelly :: My Blog O'Deep Thoughts: A Change Will Do Me Good

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

i'll keep my smartness to myself!


amelie is a closet counter....wait, i'm not sure that came out right. she only counts when no one is listening. she'll tempt you by starting off...1...2...3.. and then she'll change to nouns...ball...triangle...etc. so everyday when we walk down the stairs i count them out loud for amelie and sometimes she will count along, sometimes she wont. but the other day we were talking down the stairs and i was counting as usual and she was doing nonsense number 1....2....5...13....20...6 and by the time we got to the bottom i was up to 13 and she said, "14...15...16....17!"
it'a probably only a moment that a mama can appreciate but it feels good to know she's learning even when she says crazy things instead of the right answers. i love that kid, she surprises me everyday.

1 comment:

charmed1 said...

My 2 yr old,Hadlei,does that too! She counts 1,2,3,2,3,2,3 and won't go on from there. I know she can because I've heard her do it. She just likes to say 2,3,2,3 :)