My Wordy Blog: Desperately Seeking Shelly :: My Blog O'Deep Thoughts: A Change Will Do Me Good

Tuesday, May 1, 2007

and baby makes 4


so, i thought i would start keeping track of amelie's new sibling on my page as well, i'm so excited to be pregnant and can't wait to find out if my baby's a boy or a girl. i'm totally the type-a person who has to know so everything can be planned and finished before baby arrives! we've definately got a girl's name pinned down but boy's names are way harder--all the good ones have already been taken by my friends and family so it's hard to think of something that is perfect. Lord willing, i still have quite a few months to think about it though! in the last week i've felt the baby move a couple of times (very few and far between still)--it's one of the best feelings in the world! i don't think i felt amelie move until my 18th week. i've also gotten to hear the baby's heart beat and had a few ultrasounds which have all been fab--the baby seems to be very active which is completely different from amelie who was basically napping for nine months! so, i'm just a little bit excited!!!
Week 16
Your Baby's Development

You're not the only one who's smiling! Baby can now make facial expressions because of the development of her facial muscles. This week she can squint, smile and frown. This is probably not an indication of mood, but may be linked to random impulses in the developing brain.

Overall growth continues—your baby now weighs about 2.8 to three ounces and is about four or five inches long.

Other highlights this week include:

Her ability to make some voluntary muscle movements means she can now hold her head somewhat erect.
Baby is developing a sensitivity to light, and may respond with heart rate accelerations to projections of light on the abdomen. This can serve as a test of well-being before birth.
Hiccups may start now, but you won't hear or feel them because the baby's system is filled with fluid rather than air.
Baby's heart is now pumping the equivalent of 25 quarts of blood each day.
Arm and leg movements are becoming more coordinated.
Baby's bladder will empty about every 40-45 minutes.

4 comments:

Sheri said...

HEY! I had no idea you were pregnant!!! Congrats!!!! Did you just mention it or did I miss something!!:) WEll, so exciting....I will keep checking for updates!!!!

Blessings!!!

Emily said...

I didn't know either congrats! Did you wait till 12 weeks to tell? Looking forward to seeing you @ the reunion.

Kim said...

How exciting, and I do agree boy names ARE hard to come up with, we had a girls name right away but then found out we were having a lttle guy!

charmed1 said...

Congrats on the baby! That is so wonderful! I know it may sound strange but I loved being pregnant. Didn't stop me from doing anything! I am so happy for you! :)