My Wordy Blog: Desperately Seeking Shelly :: My Blog O'Deep Thoughts: A Change Will Do Me Good

Thursday, September 27, 2007

big girls eat "toes and milk"


well, not toes--that's what amelie saying the word "cheerios" sounds like! she loves eating cereal as many times a day as i'll let her and don't tell, but i'm secretly thrilled because it's the only way i can get the kid to "drink" milk!

today was a very busy day for us! amelie was up at 5:30 (i think maybe a dream woke her or something?) but at least she was happy to lay in bed with me until 7! we had to run errands this morning all over the county and then made it back in time to play with our buddies at the park (yay!) before i headed off to my dr's appt. i was hoping to have a really exciting--"she's coming any time" update but since i'm not technically 37 weeks until friday they didn't do the official internal exam but just a strep test, heartbeat listen and send me on my way! the only statistics i have to share are:

the doctor thinks she weighs about 6 pounds (that's not too scary--did you see the story that came on the air today about the lady who had 12 babies and this recent 12th child weighed 17 pounds! how is that possible?!?!?)

i've gained 13 pounds and am starting to lose weight--which the doctor assured me is normal--but i think is strange since i've eaten 3 pb & j sandwiches a day including 2 jars of peanut butter in the last week and a half! ha!!

well, maybe next week i'll have some exciting news to share...it's gotta be getting close--i think she's out of room to maneuver =-)

3 comments:

Megan and Company said...

That's funny that they predict how much she'll weigh. Can't imagine what New Little One might weigh since I only ever hear "Oh my, you're getting SOOOO big"! Needless to say, I've gained more than 13lbs. ;)

Hang in there!

Sheri said...

First of all....I am kind of kidding about the bloging before you go to the hospital....:) Course We would all love to know, but its quite understandable if we find out after the fact:) Your thing on the top of the blog says you are over 37 weeks? Did your due date change? And wow 13 lbs....as long as you are both healthy! Thats not that much though- especially if the baby is 6-7 lbs adn then all the other stuff that goes with it....you'll loose the weight in no time:) I know its different with the second though.....Did you see Anna has a blog now- I put the link on mine....She must be due about the same time as you:) you should check it out

Shelly said...

i don't know if i'll be able to resist blogging about going to the hospital--esp. if i enduring contractions at home for a few hours =-) i'll have to write the play by play! i'll definately check out anna's blog too! also, that counter at the top of my page has my right due date imprinted in it but for some reason it's counter is ahead of my real weeks end which is friday, i think they end my week of pregnancy on like a wednesday--it's just a few days off =-)