My Wordy Blog: Desperately Seeking Shelly :: My Blog O'Deep Thoughts: A Change Will Do Me Good

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

10 (the countdown is on)


i feel as though i have a lot to say but not the strength to say it. it was a long weekend. i'm glad it's over but so sad my honey pie is starting school today! luckily his first few days are on the short side.
here are some highlights from yesterday
**we took amelie to the park last night--it was so fun. i love my family--steve was like, it's 2 blocks away--6 blocks later i could barely walk (yay braxton hicks contractions) or breathe but i made it and watched them play, it was good for my heart.
**amelie invented a new pool game--it's called, "soak the mommy." it involves soaking the mommy and then when you accidentally get a little water on daddy you take the towel to him and dry him off. i haven't laughed so hard in a long time!
**in the bath tub she handed me a plastic star and said, "sing it mommy!" so i sang twinkle twinkle little star which she desperately tries to sing along with and was staring intently in my face as if she could pluck the proper words from my gaze. it was precious, it made my heart hurt.
**her and daddy learned the entire choreographed barney routine to "mr.sun" i will video it as soon as i find my charger. sometimes my heart is so full of joy i just don't think it can hold any more! i have to remember those moments!!
my little maeve (joyful) veronica (a true likeness) is getting veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy big and kicky. i can't wait to meet her...although, it would be nice if we were living in our own apartment before the blessed event occurs....
Week 34
Your Baby's Development


As of this week, your baby has grown so large she takes up most of the available space inside the uterus, and can no longer float around your womb. Baby is now about 4.7 pounds and about 16.8 inches long.

Meanwhile, other exciting things are still going on inside the womb this week:

Your baby's adrenal glands are growing and producing corticoid hormones that, together with prolactin from the pituitary, will stimulate lactation.
The vernix coating on the baby's skin is getting thicker to better protect Baby's skin.
Baby's skull bones are still quite pliable and not completely fused together at the top of her head, which will make it easy for Baby to slip down the relatively narrow birth canal.
Baby's skin is gradually becoming less red and wrinkled as the fat beneath it fills out and stretches the skin.

7 comments:

BluSkies80 said...

so is this the first time you have revealed the name? you're almost there- soon the out of the womb baby will be waking you up not with kicking but to eat=) i must say that most of aiden's infancy days are a blurr because of the hectiness. how's the apartment coming? are you still on track for the 15th of sept.?

Shelly said...

a few people know the name--i just never blogged it before. as far as we know we're on track--10 days!

Anonymous said...

OH!!! I just got home from the summer, and saw the name! AW!!! I LOVE MAEVE!!! Emma has a classmate named Maeve, and I love the name! SO NICE! Thanks for sharing!

Sheri said...

Man....I totally missed that...I guess thats what I get for skim reading.....Not to sound dumb, but I have to ask.....how do you pronounce that? I can't make it work in my mind..... Yeah to 34 weeks!

Shelly said...

may--vvvvv
=-)

charmed1 said...

That's such a cute name! You are so much like me in that you like different names. Bet you can't wait to see her! :)

Sheri said...

Great name- I must say I have never heard ut, but how fun!!! Thanks for the phonetics:)