My Wordy Blog: Desperately Seeking Shelly :: My Blog O'Deep Thoughts: A Change Will Do Me Good

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

Since my Amelie is now 3 years old I thought I'd jot down a few things that characterize her now-a-days:

* Princess Attire 24-7
* She loves to sing and if you are singing a song she doesn't know she will "make up" the words to sing along.
* Amelie adds her own verses to familiar songs--such as her Jingle Bells renditions
* She has every dance move memorized in every video she has ever watched--she has a really good memeory and only needs to watch something once in order to get the moves down.
* She LOVES dancing.
* Amelie loves shopping at Target--and if we run out of something she says, "i know, let's get it at Target!"
* She takes naps everyday from 2:00-4:30
* Her favorite shows are Barbie, Super Why, George and Dora
* Her favorite food is hot dogs...(yes GROSS!) and pizza
* Amelie loves playing soccer!

Favorite Phrases:
* Oh man!
* Oh COME on!
* No Thank You!
* I love you mommy! i love you daddy!
* Oh no! Baby sister!
* That's cute mommy!

* she eats, sleeps, walks, talks and shops as a princess--i feel like i don't remember amelie before she became Princess Amelie
* she sleeps in until 9 but we're hard-pressed to get her to bed before 10:30 (bed time starts at 9 and just never ends...)
* notice I didn't say she goes pee on the potty---this is a LONG story which I will blog about soon on Desperately Seeking Shelly a REALLY long story....

I love this kid--she makes me smile.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

That made me smile:) Sammy LOVES to dance too! Oh and the potty- GOD- I am more than postive I will have stories and more stories....the thought of potty training Sam, makes me feel ill:)ha ha.....AHHHHHH!

Megan and Company said...

Potty-- huh? What is this you speak of? I ask Josh if he wants a diaper change and he screams.. "poop bye-bye. Change silly, mom!" I'm thinking that's a good indicator we're not ready yet. ;)

She'll get it eventually. I assure you, in all my years of teaching kindergarten and first grade, I never changed a diaper. Kids all get it at some point.