My Wordy Blog: Desperately Seeking Shelly :: My Blog O'Deep Thoughts: A Change Will Do Me Good

Friday, August 1, 2008

Rude Awakening

Mistress Maeve's schedule has completely run amok this week--she's been getting up really REALLY early (4:45 am THIS morning) and taking three naps a day and going to bed early! Ahhhhh! I don't mind waking up at 5 but seeing a 4 on the clock was really sad!
This morning I had the pleasure of being woken up by a head butt to the mouth!
I guess she wasn't totally with it and was rooting around violently when she smashed my face--so all day I had a fat bloody lip slightly resembling the pout of Angelina Jolie.
Ah well, I tortured her into staying up until 6:40 tonight so HOPEFULLY she'll sleep until at least 5:30 tomorrow...
One can dream, right?

4 comments:

Ree said...

Good luck!! My little bugger was up @ 5:30am this morn, which is EARLY for her!! But we were already up (@ 5)so no biggy. We actually got out for our morning walk way earlier then usual, which was nice!! Have a great weekend!!

Madre said...

Maybe she'll even sleep in till 6 !let's hope :o)

Sarah - Roots and Wings said...

I'm so new to this mommy thing, but I am noticing more and more that later bedtime does not equal later wake up time. I just wanna cry out, "WHY NOT?!?!?!"

I also have to tell you that I find myself a little sad when I check in on your blogs and don't see an update. Not that you're slacking (you're a blogging goddess), but I just really look forward to them!!

Anonymous said...

I have LOVED getting to know you guys again after such a long absense... it kinda reminded me of "You've got Mail" when Steve popped up to IM Stephen that one fateful Sunday night... :O) I love reading about your girls and you inspire me to try to photograph more and better... I was slightly success at the park the other day so oyu can see our beautiful baby... the most precious, in Ohio :O)