My Wordy Blog: Desperately Seeking Shelly :: My Blog O'Deep Thoughts: A Change Will Do Me Good

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Bend *IT* {Like Beckham}

I know as a parent that it is only "natural" to be amazed and impressed by everything your child does/can do/learns to do:
"Oh honey, what a GREAT job opening the door! Woot!"
"You are the best cheerio eater in the world!!"
"You are the most amazing/beautiful/talented (etc) child in the Universe!"
You know what I mean...
But honestly, truly and deeply from the bottom of my little heart I believe that my older girl is gifted athletically. She has a poise, balance and fearlessness that must have been genetically inherited from somewhere a bit farther back on the DNA chain as her father and I are strictly musical and artsy.
Her favorite sport is kickball/soccer/football...
Well, I'm not exactly sure what her favorite sport is b/c she uses those three terms interchangeably--however, I am sure she does a wicked header
(Mommy, bounce the ball so I can hit it with my head)
Fascinating.
I also *love* the juxtaposition of her playing all sports in a dress.
Who says a girly girl can't be sport too?




2 comments:

Ree said...

She is like that--ya know a 'tom-boyish girly girl' except she is into digging and baseballish things!! She also LOVES to climb, esp. on the dogs when we are outside!! I LOVE a girl who 'cleans up' well as they say!!

Madre said...

I agree with you! She IS exceptional! Pose one looks like the most graceful dancer ever....but still she looks like she could have kicked the goal for football!