My Wordy Blog: Desperately Seeking Shelly :: My Blog O'Deep Thoughts: A Change Will Do Me Good

Sunday, October 26, 2008

*Boo!* At The ZOO! And The Tale Of The Sunday Slackers.

Today we were horrible slackers and decided to skip church (*gasp!*) and head out to celebrate Boo! At the Zoo! The zoo's annual trick or treating event!
I can't even remember the last time none of us were in church...so it was a little strange but we had Maeve skip her morning nap, bundled up in warm clothes, dressed Amelie in a "costume" (just a tutu--i didn't want her to drag her new costume through the zoo) and headed out! It was a beautiful morning and the zoo was very busy when we got there just as it opened. Apparently it is a VERY popular event!
We had a WONDERFUL time--the zoo was lovely and full of fall foliage, little ones dressed up in their sweet costumes and candy candy everywhere!
They also had a little treasure hunt where if you collected all of the stamps you won a prize--let's just say, give the Mama a mission and she gets excited.
I charged through the zoo with my loved ones and solved the puzzle and got Amelie a weird little card game--oh well, the prize was a let down but the scenery and the candy was fabulous =)
They really got into the whole Fall decorating thing-even the BEARS were eating pumpkins! Fun!







Yay for a fun family day! I only wish I had charged my camera in anticipation of the day--I only ended up getting these pictures!
Next year =)


No comments: