My Wordy Blog: Desperately Seeking Shelly :: My Blog O'Deep Thoughts: A Change Will Do Me Good

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Dancing Queen


Well, I'm happy to report that Amelie's big day--her first dance class--has come and gone. I was so excited to take her to class because I know she loves to dance and memorize choreography so we, with the help of my husband's generous parents figured it would be right up her alley. The class is divided in three sections with Tap, Ballet and Gymnastics/Tumbling. She did a great job tap dancing, was a bit confused with 1st and 2nd pos. in Ballet (um, I WAS confused too!) and loved doing somersaults and working on the balance beem. On the way home we had this conversation:

Me: So Amelie, did you have fun in dance class today?

Amelie: Yes Mama, thank you.

Me: What did you like?

Amelie: My dancing shoes.

Me: Did you have fun dancing with the girls?

Amelie: Yes Mama.

Me: Did you have fun playing with the balls?

Amelie: Yes Mama.

Me: Do you like dancing?

Amelie: Yes Mama.

Me: Are you excited to do it again next week?

Amelie: No thank you Mama.

Me: ??

Me: But you LIKED dancing right Amelie?

Amelie: Yes.

Me: And you liked the little girls?

Amelie: Yes.

Me: And you had fun today?

Amelie: Yes Mama.

Me: So let's do it again next week!

Amelie: No thanks.

Me: Are you sure?

Amelie: Yes. No thank you Mama.

I continued to ask her on the way home in different ways so as to "trick" her into admitting she wanted to go back to dance class--no such luck, that little cookie o mine is a smart one! Her father and I are not sure what to think---she will say over and over again that she loved dance class and everything about it but that she doesn't want to go back...

Hmm...I think she's playing with our minds...Toddlers!
I know, this picture of Maeve has NOTHING whatsoever to do with this story, HOWEVER, I had to put it up because she's so stinkin' cute and wonderful.

The End.

1 comment:

Brie Latini said...

Hey Michelle! I am so glad Amelie had fun at dance, even if she's not sure if she wants to go back! Who were her teachers?